For the first of our competitions in the lead up to our 100th issue (which will see the entire issue created by Stylist readers), we're inviting readers to design our birthday cover using the theme celebration.
All you have to do is follow the straightforward instructions below and make sure your original cover reaches us by Wednesday 5 October to be in with a chance of having your creation on the front cover of Stylist.
Download a PDF of the Stylist cover template by clicking the link on the blue banner below. This will open a web page featuring our blank 100th issue cover. Save this to your computer by right clicking on the image and selecting 'Save Image As...'.
Now you have a PDF of the Stylist cover template you can either choose to print this out and design your cover by hand OR you can design directly onto the PDF from your computer using Photoshop or InDesign. What you put on your Stylist cover is completely up to you (read our previous cover collaborators' recommendations here) although you should only design within the box given, you must use our theme – celebration – as your inspiration and you must use the number 100 somewhere on your cover. The number can be as big or small as you like, just as long as it features somewhere on the cover. Below you’ll find some really useful information to make sure your cover stands out from the crowd. Please make sure you read this properly in order for your cover to be in with a chance of winning.
Once you’re happy with your finished cover you have two options:
- If you have designed your cover on your computer using Photoshop or InDesign then please email your cover to [email protected] and also post a print out of your cover design, your entry form and, where applicable, a model release form to the address below.
Stylist Issue 100 Cover Competition, 26-34 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QA
Design a winning cover - tips, tricks and terms
Please follow these guidelines to make sure your Stylist cover is entered into the competition:
- Your design must be based on the theme 'celebration', and must include the number 100 somewhere on the cover.
- Please only design within the box provided on the template - do not extend your design to the logo area.
- If you are using a photograph on your cover then make sure it has a high enough resolution to print (you can read more about how to achieve this on our Stylist Art Editors Cheat Sheet.
- Please remember if you’re using a photograph you have taken which has a person in it then that person must sign a model release form to consent to their picture being used. We can’t accept any covers without this - sorry.
- We love bright colours on our covers as they look great on our paper, although black and white images work well too.
- Please try to refrain from swear words or guns on your cover please – we’re not violent people here at Stylist (most of the time).
- We like images to be crisp and sharp as blurred or softened images don’t print well on our paper.
- All images, designs, words and photographs must be your original artwork. We can’t accept any covers which have other people’s work on them.
- Entries must be received by Wednesday 5 October 2011. Covers received after this date will not be considered.
- All entrants must be over 18.
- The winner will be chosen by the Stylist editorial team. Usual Stylist terms and conditions apply.