In our new weekly series, Stylist.co.uk is asking the beauty industry's leading experts for their definitive answers to those burning beauty questions. Here, celebrity hair stylist Derek Bogle takes us through his quick-fire guide to achieving a salon-worthy blow-dry at home.
Question: How can I easily do a professional-looking blow-dry at home?
- First of all, even distribution of product is essential - so whichever product you're using for your hair type, comb it through damp hair with a wide-toothed comb first
- Always take clean sections of hair, no larger than the width of the brush being used, to dry each time
- Work from roots to ends, using the hairdryer with the nozzle parallel to the section of hair, going down the hair shaft
- Partially dry the hair before using a brush. For a smooth result I like to use a large bristle brush
- Finish with a blast of cool air to close the cuticle
Illustrations: Eleni Sofroniou