There's no better time to get your inner poet on than today, National Poetry Day (4 October).
So whether you love silly rhyming couplets or sonorously-read works of historical significance, you've come to the right place.
We've asked you to send us both your favourite lines from poetry and your own made-up sonnets on Twitter and Facebook over the past few hours - and you've responded in your droves.
See some highlights from our social media poetry call, below, or scroll on down to watch the delectable Dominic West swap his gritty detective role for a spot of Jackanory.
In support of The Poetry App launched last month, The Wire actor is reading a (strangely lovely) version of Shelley's The Triumph of Life out loud. Music to our ears...
Some of your favourite poetry quotes...
1. "Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness"
2. "I eat my peas with honey;
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on the knife."
3. "With how sad steps, O Moon, thou climb'st the skies!"
4. "Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)."
5. "So many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster"
6. "The walls of that grotto
were every color blue and
you said, "Look! Your eyes
are seacolor. Look! Your eyes
are skycolor." And my eyes
shut down as if they were
And a few of your own efforts...
1. "London style it's the best it's Fun & fab it's full of zest. Rocking the city day & night guys & girls just get it right"
2. "New shoes beautiful on feet/ Given me blisters, cant get out of seat/ Shouldn’t've taken label off/ Best relationships hurt"
3. "That money talks, it is no lie. It talked to me; it said,'goodbye'"