We’re launching our very first competition to find a new weekly columnist for Stylist – and we want you to help us find the perfect person.
Over the past year you won't have failed to notice how important we think your work lives and careers are, so we’re launching a nationwide competition to find Stylist’s first official business ambassador: an experienced entrepreneur who is eager to harness their own success in business to help Stylist readers achieve the same.
The winner will write a weekly column in Stylist offering guidance on a wealth of topics for self-starting businesswomen. They’ll also become the face of, and a speaker at, our flagship Stylist Network events around the country (all of which have sold out immediately) and represent Stylist as our business spokesperson on radio and TV.
Our winning columnist will:
- Have started at least one successful business in the UK;
- Be an enthusiastic, confident and business-conscious woman who is comfortable speaking publicly to large audiences;
- Be up-to-date on all the latest business news, legislation and policy;
- Be in a position to offer comprehensive advice and tips about entrepreneurship based on real-life experience;
- Be able to write a column for us every week.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to follow in the footsteps of enterprising figureheads such as Jo Malone and Tamara Mellon – or know someone else who fits the bill – here’s what you need to do to enter. Send us:
- Your CV, making reference to all your business achievements and qualifications to date;
- A personal statement of no more than 400 words, including in the first paragraph why your entrepreneurial background makes you suitable;
- A recent picture of yourself;
- Three examples of topics you’d like to speak about in a column for Stylist.
Send your applications to email@example.com by midday on 1 January 2011. Good luck!
Image credit: Scope Beauty