What Information We Collect
You will be required to register with us to use certain features on the website and/or to receive the email service (together referred to as the Services). When you register, we will collect personal information about you (such as your name, age, gender, email address, and home and work postcodes). This data allows us to provide a personalised service to you. By registering, you agree to us accessing and collecting such personal information about you. We will create an account for your use of the Services based on the information you give (an Account). We may also ask that you provide other information to us for your Account. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services.
Please remember that you are responsible for keeping your Services password confidential, and you are responsible for all activities that occur on your Account whether or not authorised by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your password or Account or any other breach of security. We cannot be liable for any loss or damage which results from the disclosure of your password contrary to these Terms.
How We Store and Process Your Information
How Your Information Is Used
We will use the information you provide to us in one or more of the following ways only:
- to monitor, develop and improve the Services and your use of the Services;
- to assist in and administer the provision of Services to you (i.e. to despatch emails to you, or to provide you with password reminders, or notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made about or by you;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the Services; and/or
- to understand customer trends and patterns.
When We May Contact You
We may contact you:
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the service to you;
- where you have opted to receive regular emails from us;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to the Services;
- to inform you of the results of a competition you have entered;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about the Services (participation is always voluntary); and/or
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to that contact.
We will only ever contact you by email, using the email address that you provide to us.
Will I Be Contacted For Marketing Purposes?
If you have opted to receive one of our regular emails we will from time to time:
- send you information by email about existing and new services, products and special offers from us; and/or
- send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
These emails will only ever come from us, even when they refer to third party products or services. You will be able to opt out of receiving these emails but if you opt out we will have to stop sending you any sort of email.
Will We Share Your Personal Information With Anyone Else?
We guarantee that the personal information that we collect from you will never be shared with another organisation for marketing purposes unless you specifically agree to allow it. The permission will be made clear through a tick box on a competition or offer. The sponsor will be clearly named in the text next to the tick box and if the box is not ticked no data will be shared. If you do choose to tick the box the data will only be shared with the sponsor and will only be used by that sponsor for their own marketing purposes. The only case in which another organisation will have access to your information is to analyse or process it as described under the heading "How We Store and Process Your Information" above. No organisation will be allowed to use your information for its own purposes without your permission.
Keeping Our Records Accurate
We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible, but we depend on you to update your personal information whenever necessary. You can review, change or delete the details you have supplied to us at any time by logging into your account directly or clicking on the change details link on the bottom of every email .If you have any other query relating to your information, please contact us as set out below.
IP Addresses, Cookies and Web Beacons
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This information is limited to statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- identify who you are and to access your account information;
- estimate our audience size and patterns;
- control how often visitors see similar ads; and
- track preferences and to improve and update the Services.
How to opt out of receiving email from us
If you no longer wish to receive emails from us simply click on the unsubscribe link included in every email. Alternatively you can send an unsubscribe request to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" specified in the subject line.
We have installed security measures to ensure that any personal data entered on the Services is protected against loss, misuse or alteration. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal information and we cannot be responsible for any outcomes resulting from a breach of security when the Services are used.
Contacting Us and Cancellation of Registration