This Moroccan-inspired salad is by the husband and wife team behind the renowned London restaurant, Moro. It’s perfect for a light lunch and the creamy feta cheese cuts through the citrus and chicory beautifully.
15 minutes===Ingredients (serves four):=== '
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of caster sugar (if the vinegar is very acidic)
- 2 large oranges
- 23 heads of white chicory with any damaged outer leaves removed.
- Use whole leaves or sliced u 1 small bunch (about 20g) of flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped if very large
- 1/2 very small red onion, thinly sliced
- 100g feta cheese
- 150g walnut halves
- 50g oily black olives
Step 1: Whisk the dressing ingredients together until they have more or less emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 2: With a small, sharp knife cut the rind and all of the pith off the oranges, keeping the oranges whole. Slice oranges into 5mm-1cm rounds and place in a large salad or mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add the chicory, parsley, oregano and onion, pour on the dressing and gently toss all the salad ingredients together.
Step 4: Crumble the feta on top, then sprinkle with walnuts and olives.
From Moro East by Sam and Sam Clark (£17.50, Ebury Press)