300 grams goat cheese
2 centilitres olive oil
1 bunch spring onions
10 centilitres double cream
6 whole eggs
3 pinches Maldon salt :F
3 turns freshly ground black pepper
For the garnish
1 whole banana
1 whole shallots
1 whole pear
3 fresh walnuts
50 grams garlic cloves
1 French stick
For the vinaigrette :
20 grams wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon honey
5 centilitres white wine vinegar
15 centilitres olive oil
5 pinches Maldon salt
For the frittata
1. Preheat the oven to 180'C
2. Wash the leeks and the spring onions and then finely slice.
3. Break the goat's cheese into small pieces.
4. Break the eggs into a bowl and add the double cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper and then mix together.
6. Heat a pan and add a little olive oil. Add the leeks to the pan and cook until soft. Add the egg mixture and then the goat's cheese and spring onions to the pan.
7. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking.
For the garnish
1. Peel and dice the shallot and the garlic.
2. Cut the pears into quarters, remove the core and thinly slice.
3. Break the walnuts into small pieces, place on a baking sheet and then toast in the oven for 3 - 4 minutes.
4. Wash and pick the frisee leaves.
5. Cut the baguette into small cubes to make croutons.
6. Heat frying pan to hot and add a splash of olive oil. Add the bread to the pan and cook until golden brown.
7. Once cooked, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped garlic.
For the vinaigrette and to serve
1. Mix together the honey, mustard, vinegar and the salt. Whisk the olive oil into the dressing.
2. To serve: cut the frittata into 6 slices. Serve each slice of frittata with a handful of frisee, toasted walnuts, diced shallots, fresh pear pieces and a sprinkling of the croutons.
3. Finish with the honey and mustard dressing.
Recipe courtesy of L'Atelier des Chefs