Throw out that local pizza delivery leaflet. We've found a brand new recipe that will revolutionise your favourite Italian dish.
Only taking 15-minutes to cook, the Pizzadilla - a cross between a quesadilla and pizza - takes the versatility of a Mexican flour tortilla and fuses it with delicious pizza toppings.
The short recipe is from Serious Eats, an American recipe website and blog, that says the cheese spreads out to the very edges creating a crispy, browned and flavourful crust.
Of course you don't have to smother it with cheese. Use the thin and light base to your advantage by creating a healthier pizza using whole grain tortillas and a generous topping of vegetables.
By first cooking the Pizzadilla over a stove and then under the grill, edible results can be delivered in minutes. You won't ever pick up the phone to order a pizza again.
What you need:
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large flour tortillas that just fit inside your cast iron skillet
- 3/4 cup store-bought or homemade pizza sauce
- 5 ounce shredded whole milk low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 basil leaves, roughly torn
- Additional toppings, as desired