After weeks of deliberation over delicious-looking dishes, we finally have a show us your lunch winner...
Drumroll please, as we announce the large chilli steak ciabatta with rocket and mustard (below), entered by Jemma Thompson from London, as champion of lunches.
Nearly 90 of you voted for Jemma's steak in our finalists round last week, making her dish the runaway winner of the contest.
"I used to be a rubbish cook and all my friends used to laugh at me about it so for my birthday last year my boyfriend took me to Jamie Oliver's cooking school in Clapham, Recipease, where we were taught how to cook the perfect steak," she said. "I started experimenting with steak dishes and made this spicy ciabatta for a lunch - it's so filling."
Thanks to the hundreds of you who entered the competition - we were deluged by a huge range of sumptuous-looking meals and lunchtime will never quite be the same at Stylist HQ.
Click here to see all the entries or scroll down to get the recipe for Jemma's winning steak ciabatta.
Chilli steak ciabatta recipe
- Chop up the red chilli (keep the seeds in if you want them extra spicy) and leave to one side
- Rub pepper, salt and olive oil over the steaks
- Heat a pan up at a low temperature and add the steaks
- As the steaks are covered in olive oil there's no need to add any extra oil in the pan
- Once cooked, place on a chopping board and pour over more olive oil
- Then cut the steaks into thick slices
- While you are cutting up the steak, mix the chilli pieces with the steak juices in the frying pan
- Heat the ciabatta in the oven for about three minutes
- Cover lightly with olive oil and spread as much wholegrain mustard as you wish
- Then add the steak, chilli and rocket