First came the post-Easter guilt and frenzied rush of healthy eating (cue: two days of Pret superfood salad). Now we're over it and onto the fill-that-Easter-egg-gap phase.
With our stomachs crying out for a sugar hit, it's time for drastic measures. Step up: Oreo cupcakes. These little beauties from London-based Sweet Couture boutique bakery promise all the retro fun of Oreos in a bite-size cupcake format. Scroll down for the recipe and dig in!
- 75g butter
- 245g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 205g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 205ml milk
- 75g crushed Oreo cookies
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170 degrees/Gas mark 3
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add sugar and whisk until combined and coming away from side of bowl
3. In a jug whisk your eggs and slowly add to butter and sugar mix, incorporating fully before adding more
4. Sieve flour, salt and baking powder together, add crushed Oreos and add and whisk half to wet batter with half of your milk until incorporated. Then scrape down the sides of your bowl and add the rest of the dry cake mix and milk until combined.
5. Fill your 12-cupcake cases ¾ of the way and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked.