Video: The making of Stylist's Flower Cover
Watch our exclusive behind the scenes video
Using 3,000 plants, we created our bespoke cover ready to debut it at the Chelsea Flower Show next week (22-26 May).
Designing a magazine cover is the ultimate creative challenge so when we asked luxury florist Nikki Tibbles of Wild At Heart to create our cover from flowers, we set the bar very high indeed. She created something so spectacular, on such a huge scale (nearly four metres long) it smashed even our expectations. “I enjoy a challenge and to be asked to make the first ever living cover is so exciting” she told Stylist. So you can see exactly how many flowers, shrubbery and man-hours went into the making of Nikki’s floral design, watch the video showing our cover in the making.
The cover in numbers
- 200 Yellow carnations: were used to make the bright centre of the flower.
- 16 hours: The time it took Nikki and her team to create every element of the design.
- 2,100 roses were used in total.
- 30 punnets of moss created the green foliage, along with a few grasses and helxine plants.
- 3,000 plants and flowers were used in total, not including moss and greenery.