Formidable model, mogul and mum Kimora Lee Simmons speaks to Stylist about stashing Bounty bars in her handbag and her penchant for Britain and broad-shouldered men...
1. When was the last time you hid?
I think, as adults, we all spend a lot of time hiding. We probably shouldn’t but we do, we hide all the time. Better to come out into the light and face whatever.
2. What’s in your handbag?
Oh wow, you don't have enough space to print it all. I'll give you what I believe are highlights. Three different phones, two different agendas, at least one fountain pen. Tissues, an assortment of mints. A separate make-up bag - I call it my toolkit - ha! Wallet, a digital camera, a Bounty bar. A few lip glosses, a watch, a pair of earrings - gold hoops. Some bandaids. I have a lot going on...
3. Do you have any tattoos, if so what?
I’m going to pass on that one. I can’t tell you whether I’ve got tattoos or not.
4. Sedan chair: good idea or a bad idea?
Oh yeah, it’s a good idea. I wouldn’t mind some broad shouldered and capable men carrying me around.
5. What are you most ashamed of?
I’m not ashamed of anything, I have no regrets.
6. Is the world getting better, or worse?
It's getting there - how about that?
7. Cheese or chocolate?
Both, I love both. I can’t choose between them! Sophie's choice!
8. What was your finest hour?
It’s a tough one because I’ve had many great moments in my career but I guess motherhood tops them all. My finest hour was having each of my three kids, there’s nothing that compares to that.
9. What does feminism means to you?
Freedom, independence, beauty, no boundaries, powerful.
10. Which part of your home do you like best?
My bedroom, I love my bedroom. It’s where me and the kids chill out. I also like the kitchen, for differing reasons.
11. What do you dream about at night?
I can never remember my dreams. I live my dreams every day of my life.
12. Complete the sentence: Britain needs more…
Kimora! Britain needs more Kimora and also more sunshine. But it's fabulous as-is. I'm a big fan!
13. Are you a lover or a fighter?
Both. I’m feisty when I need to be but I’m also very loving.
14. Have you left the gas on?
I always check whether the gas is off and the candles are out. You can never be too careful when you have kids.
15. What question would you like to ask Stylist readers?
Kimora: House of Fab airs Thursdays at 9pm on Style (Sky Channel 253/Virgin 285) - JustFab.co.uk