OK, we’re calling it: the British summer is officially over.
After months of grey skies and spontaneous downpours, we’re getting ready to embrace all that autumn has to offer, while easing our vitamin D deficiencies with essential “back to school” stationery purchases and copious amounts of hot chocolate.
But if you’re not quite ready to venture into the chillier temperatures that September, October and November have to offer, fear not, for Norwegian Air has just kicked off its official autumn sale, and the discounts for cheap flights to winter holiday destinations, including flights to New York, are pretty epic.
Making the prospect of a winter break just that much more affordable, the airline’s slashed prices mean flights from the UK to the US are being offered for as little as £99 each way, the Mirror reports.
US destinations in the sale include New York, LA, Las Vegas, Orlando and San Francisco, so if you’ve ever fancied visiting one of these iconic locations, now is your time.
Plus, the airline is offering budget long-haul flights from London Gatwick to Singapore from £159.90 each way (at the time of writing), as well as cheap short-haul flights, including travel to a variety of destinations in Europe from £29 each way.
Read more: Revealed: the world’s best cities to live in
Even better, sale seats can be bought for travel between 16 October to 16 March 2018, meaning your window for a bargain holiday is a generous five months.
Tempted? Here are some of the best deals to get booking – but snap them up fast, because the sale ends on 18 September and seats this discounted won’t last long.
Budget long-haul flights departing from London Gatwick
Budget US flights departing from Belfast and Edinburgh airports
You don’t have to be in London to benefit from the slashed prices – there are also some brilliant deals to be found in Belfast, Edinburgh and Ireland.
• Belfast to Stewart International Airport (New York state)
• Edinburgh to Stewart International Airport (New York state)
• Edinburgh to Providence Airport (offering connections to Boston and New England)
• Edinburgh to Bradley International Airport (New England)
• Dublin to Boston (Providence Airport)
• Dublin to New York state (Stewart International Airport)
• Shanon to Boston (Providence Airport)
• Shannon to New York state (Stewart International Airport)
• Cork to Boston (Providence Airport)
Budget flights to Europe from London Gatwick