A Frame Amnesty is being held up and down the country, and here are all the details you need to know.
Glasses: love them or hate them they’re necessity for many of us. Whether you’re a full time wearer, or if you just need them while you’re driving or when you go to the cinema, it’s important to have a pair that make you feel good.
But new research from Boots Opticians has revealed that half of women in the UK avoid wearing glasses because they either feel self-conscious, or just find it hard to find the pair to suit them. So, to help counteract that, the high street chain is launching its very first Frame Amnesty next Monday, March 11.
In short, 15 stores across the country will give customers the chance to bring in their current (and possibly unloved) frames from any brand and swap them for a brand new pair of their choice. It sounds too good to be true, but it’s not – we promise.
The only catch is that you have to have an eye test, too – which is free – but with the same research also discovering that four million women haven’t had theirs tested in five years or more, that’s definitely not a bad thing. All additional pairs of glasses will also be half price.
Alongside the amnesty, Boots Opticians have trained an army of 400 style consultants who will be on hand to help customers choose the perfect pair.
Appointments for the Frame Amnesty will be available to book via phone or in person from Thursday morning (7 March) by referencing ‘frame amnesty’ at the following Boots Opticians stores:
- Birmingham High Street – 01212 366027
- Leeds Trinity (in Boots Trinity Shopping Centre) – 0113 2448588
- Manchester Trafford Centre – 0161 7476460
- Nottingham Victoria Centre (in Boots) – 0115 9410199
- Edinburgh Princes Street – 0131 2256397
- Bristol Broadmead (in Boots) – 0117 927 2418
- Cardiff Queen Street – 0292 0383517
- Plymouth Drake Circus – 0175 2666546
- Brighton North Street – 01273 325600
- Gateshead Metro Centre (in Boots) – 01914 932459
- Cambridge Petty Cury – 01223 366104
- Bluewater Dartford – 01322 623854
- Milton Keynes Crown Walk – 01908 606618
- London Sedley Place – 020 74919644
- Glasgow Fort Retail Park – 0141 7715219
Appointments will be given on a first come, first serve basis. We’ll see you in the queue.
Images: Courtesy of Unsplash