Stylist are packing up their wellies and waterproofs and heading to V Festival this weekend, where we'll be setting up camp in the Virgin Media Louder Lounge to capture the best festival beauty on site, courtesy of the MAC Cosmetics team.
Festivals provide the perfect opportunity to push the boundaries of your usual make-up look (neon eyelashes and lashings of glitter are now de rigueur) and, with that in mind, MAC's Neil Young - Senior Make-Up artist for the cult brand - has created an exclusive festival make-up look for Stylist, featuring purple-tinged smokey eyes, finished with a starburst glittery stencil (sketched above, and also pictured on our online editorial assistant, Lauren Smith).
Want to recreate the look for your next festival outing? Simply download the stencil to use at home at the bottom of the page, and watch our expert video tutorial to get the look.
2. To ensure your eye-makeup lasts longer, apply a base – use Eye Paint in Sublime Nature, blending all over the lid with a tapered make-up brush, and soften into the socket.
3. Using a small brush, apply Parfait Amour eyeshadow along the upper lash line to create a soft layer of colour.
4. For a smouldery effect, use Technakohl liner in Purple Dash along the upper lash line, and then softly blend with a brush into the shadow – repeat under the lower lashes.
5. Finish off your smokey eye with a deep bluey-purple eye-shadow (I used Contrast) – apply to the outer corner of the eye for extra definition.
6. Apply Zoom Lash mascara to upper and lower lashes – it’s smudge and waterproof, so will hold off the inevitable rain!
7. After downloading your stencil, and cutting out the holes, hold it up to the face, fitting around the outside corner of your eyes. Using Paintstick in Rich Purple, colour in the stencil. Take the Mac Glitter Pigments (we’ve used purple and green), and mix with a creamy substance to ensure the glitter sticks – it can be anything from lip conditioner to anything slightly greasy. Press on the glitter all the way through the stencil, in any pattern you like – you might need a friend to help you with this!
8. Once face is covered, peel off the stencil carefully, and admire your handywork!
Click the file below to download and print out your stencil...