1. Stylist’s fiction competition will open on stylist.co.uk at 10am GMT on 2 March 2017 and will close at 23:59 on 2 April 2017.
2. All entrants must send 3,000 words of their novel and a 300-word outline detailing how the storyline develops to firstname.lastname@example.org. The novel idea must feature a strong female protagonist. The entry must be made within the timeframe stated above. Please note entries 100 words above or below the stated word limited will not be considered. A single entrant may enter the competition a single time. Any entries submitted over a single time from a single entrant will not be counted as valid.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and proof of ID may be necessary.
4. The winner and nine runners-up will be selected once the competition has ended at 23:59 on the 2 April 2017. All qualified entries will be reviewed by leading agents at Janklow & Nesbit and a Stylist panel.
5. The winner will be notified via email by latest 23:59 31 May 2017 with details of how to claim the prize. Once point of contact with the winner has been made, the planning of the mentorship and writing course shall commence. Should the winner not reply to their email by 31 August 2017, or consequently be unable to avail of the prize - the leading runner-up will be notified and considered the new winner.
6. The nine runners up will be notified via email by latest 23.59 31 May 2017.
7. Once the winner has been identified, their winning novel extract will be published on stylist.co.uk.
8. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is via email to email@example.com only.
Over 18s only
- The mentorship prize with literary agent Hellie Ogden of Janklow & Nesbit UK will begin no earlier than September 2017 and will last for a period of three months
- The mentorship prize includes a series of regular meetings and phone calls to develop the winner’s book idea. The frequency of meetings and calls is at the discretion of Janklow & Nesbit, but will be no less than three calls and one face-to-face meeting
- The mentorship prize does not include an offer of representation
- The mentorship prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2017
- The Arvon UK residential writing course prize is subject to availability
- The Arvon UK residential writing course prize will be based somewhere in the UK and includes accommodation, food and soft drinks but not transport to and from the venue or alcoholic drinks.
- The Arvon UK residential writing course prize must be redeemed by 31 December 2017
- No cash or prize alternative for either the mentorship or the Arvon writing course prize
- The mentorship and the Arvon residential writing course prizes are non-transferable
- The mentorship and the Arvon residential writing course prizes are strictly not for resale
The prize is as follows:
- A three-month mentorship with Janklow & Nesbit to develop your story idea. A 2017 UK residential writing course of your choice with creative writing charity Arvon
- The nine runner-ups will receive short, personal feedback from Janklow & Nesbit to help them develop their idea, no later than 23.59 on 30 September 2017.
No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only. Employees of ShortList Media and the partner companies Janklow & Nesbit and Arvon, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
The prize is provided by Stylist.co.uk, Janklow & Nesbit and Arvon.
Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then Shortlist Media Ltd will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
Shortlist Media Ltd and any associated promoters, bear no responsibility for any entry which is incorrectly submitted, lost, damaged, incomplete or received after the closing date.
We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked with the name of the competition to Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London WC1N 3QA, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter of any of our competitions reserves the right to exchange all of part of the prize to that of equal or greater value.
If you do not wish to receive details of future related offers from Shortlist and selected third parties please inform us along with your name and address in writing to: Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QA or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.