The perfect pivot: changing careers confidently
Friday 2nd July @ 15.00
Posted by Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis for The Curiosity Academy
Welcome to The Curiosity Academy’s class with Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis, founders of Amazing If, an award-winning career development company with an ambition to democratise career development. Before you begin this course, here are some things you should know.
Class Title: The perfect pivot: Changing careers confidently
Type: Online class
Duration: 1 hour
What you’ll learn:
During this one-hour session, you’ll learn three different things that are going to help you with your career pivot:
- How to prepare for your pivot. Here’s how you’ll learn to explore the potential possibilities of your career change
- How to position yourself for a pivot. Identify your strengths and learn how to use and grow them
- How to progress your pivot. When you discover what the thing is that you want to do, Helen and Sarah advise you on how to actually make it happen
- TED Talk - Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis - ‘Squiggly’ Careers & the end of the traditional path
- TED Talk - Natalie Fratto - 3 ways to measure your adaptability and improve it
- TED Talk - Chieh Huang - How to know if it’s time to change careers
- Harvard Business School - Working Identity - 9 Unconventional Strategies for Reinventing Your Career
- Career Shifters - Herminia Ibarra’s ‘Working Identity’: A Spotlight On The Elephant In The Career-Change Room
- Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha - The Start-up Of You
About the tutors: Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis
Helen Tupper and Sarah Ellis are the founders of Amazing If, an award-winning career development company with an ambition to democratise career development. They are the co-hosts of the UK’s no.1 careers podcast, Squiggly Careers, which has 1 million listeners and was a nominee for best business podcast at The British Podcast Awards. In January 2021 they recorded their TEDx talk Why squiggly careers are better for everyone at Abbey Road Studios in London.
Together they are also authors of The Sunday Times Number One Business Bestseller The Squiggly Career, selected as a Financial Times business book of the month.
Prior to Amazing If, their respective careers span leadership roles in organisations including Virgin, Microsoft, Barclays and Sainsbury’s. Helen is a trustee for Working Families charity and Sarah is Co-Chair of the Mayor of London Workspace Advisory Board. Helen lives in Buckinghamshire with her husband and two children. Sarah lives in London with her partner and non-sleeping toddler.