Take a look at some of our highlights from New York fashion week...
1. Our fabulous wheels for the week, the new Jaguar XJS, picks us up from our downtown hotel, the Tribeca Grand, and will make sure we get to shows, appointments, meetings and presentations for the next six days.
2. Our first show of the season is Tommy Hilfiger’s beach inspired showcase at the Chelsea piers, a venue for several shows and parties during the sunny September season. The beachboys and the red hot chilli peppers boomed in the background as models strutted in scuba-inspired seprates along the beach scene.
3. We rarely have time to stop for lunch as the shows happen throughout the day and can be all over town. After a show in soho we stop off at our favourite take out deli – Dean & Deluca on Broadway. They have so much to choose from – from lobster and shrimp to wholewheat California rolls but we opt for salads and brownies today.
4. Jenna Lyons and Tom Mora talked editors through the new season J Crew collection. Inspired by California the impeccably styled collection included a footwear collaboration with quirky British footwear designer Sophia Webster. The pieces will soon be available in the hotly anticipated new J Crew womenswear store opening on Regent Street on 7th November.
5. The Michael Kors show is always a highlight of the New York schedule. He showed at the Lincoln Centre this season to a stellar front row which included Katie Holmes. The following day we catch-up with his slightly exhausted PR team at the Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel over a much-needed cocktail.
6. The New York schedule changed this season as Marc Jacobs showed on Thursday evening meaning fashion editors stayed in town for one extra night, and what a night it became. Pharell Williams performed at the epic Calvin Klein party at Spring Studios while Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Drew Barrymore and Arizona Muse partied at the Guggenheim to celebrate the launch of Estee Lauder’s new Modern Muse fragrance what a way to end to NYFW!