Our highlights from Paris fashion week...
1. The sun is shining in Paris as we begin the final leg of fashion month. We’ll miss being driven around from morning until night in our very own Range Rover when we return to London but we look forward to making the most of our final week of shows, presentations, parties and dinners, starting with one of our favourites, Dior, today at 2.30pm.
2. Cover girl Coco Rocha joined rapper Iggy Azealia and Leigh Lezark front row at the Chloe show in the hall of the Lycée Carnot on boulevard Malesherbes in the 17th.
3. Karl Lagerfeld re-created an art gallery at the Grand Palais to showcase his spring/summer 2014 collection. Alexa Chung, Cara Delevigne and Edie Campbell were amongst the models that walked to ‘Picasso Baby’ by Jay-Z and ‘Shopping Bags’ by De La Soul, wearing sock shoes, quilted leather portfolios and graffiti backpacks.
4. Delfina Delettrez is one of the most exciting jewellery designers around at the moment. A fourth generation Fendi design is in her blood and her quirky creations are displayed on levitating, spinning plates at Paris Fashion Week. Alongside the jewellery was a take on a ‘beauty bar’ featuring edible products dressed up as basic beauty items, including mojito lip balm, gin breath spray and sweet and creamy moisturiser – pictured here being admired by our fashion director Alex Fullerton.
5. Marc Jacobs swan song for Louis Vuitton made for the most epic show of the season. French maids clad in Louis Vuitton swept the steps up to the venue as guests were led in to the all black area. The old railway clock ticked backwards as the carousel spun and models were led out by Brit model of the moment Edie Campbell. The big question that ensued – who will take Marc’s place as the Creative Director of Louis Vuitton? Watch this space.