Prepare yourself for new levels of cuteness. We've squealed over a hiccuping puppy, fallen in love with baby red pandas and cooed over a fashionable little pig named Priscilla but now we've found the world's most adorable animal.
World, meet Tonkey, a tiny Shar-Pei pup making waves across the internet.
She looks like a real-life teddy bear crossed with dog, but Tonkey is in fact a rare purebred Shar-Pei with a fluffy bear coat.
Thankfully for us, her owner has dedicated an Instagram page to Tonkey and shares her many escapades with thousands of fans across the world. From enjoying a bubble bath to catching a ball, plus a handshake trick that literally melted her heart, Tonkey has earned her place as our new favourite pet.
Tonkey lives in Canada with her big sister Maxi and the pair have plenty of fun dozing in fields and posing for family photos.
Tonkey also enjoys trips to the supermarkets and a game of hide and seek (mainly because she is so miniature she can hide in unlikely places, such as the kitchen sink).
Finally, just in case you needed any more convincing that Tonkey is the cutest pup on the planet, here she is at six weeks old. All together now: squeeeeeeeee!
Everything you need to know about owning a Shar-Pei
Want to get your own Tonkey? We don't blame you. Here are the key facts about owning a Shar-Pei:
- Shar-Peis weigh around 40-55 pounds and grow to be about a foot tall
- Shar-Peis typically live for 8-12 years
- A Shar-Pei doesn't need lots of exercise as they are a slow-energy breed. A daily stroll in the evenings should be sufficient
- Shar-Peis are very strong willed so must be trained early by a firm owner
- Shar-Peis are calm dogs who can live in small spaces but they need to be trained not to react badly to other animals they don't know - they have a heritage as a fighting dog so they can overreact
- Shar-Peis are easy to groom as they are naturally clean animals but care must be taken to look after the folds of their wrinkly skin