Energising workout no. 3: the knee-strengthening series for oiling all stiff legs
Posted by Janine George for Strong Women Training Club
How often do you think about your knees when strength training? We only really give them a moment’s thought when they feel painful, but bending, jumping and balancing can help build stronger and less pain-prone joints.
This workout is packed with moves designed to either strengthen the knees, or bolster the muscles that protect them. If you’re not high jumping, you’re planking and deadlifting.
ENERGISER CIRCUIT: HIGH JUMPS/SQUAT TO KNEE DRIVES
- Stand with knees hip-width apart
- Bend the knees and sit back to come into a squat
- Keep the arms bent, elbows at chest height
- As you come back up, transfer your weight into your left foot and bring bend your right knee up to meet your left elbow
- Release the right foot to come back into a deep lunge
- Repeat on the other side