LIVE strength training class from SWTC No. 1: Goblet squats, push ups and jump lunges
Wednesday 14th July @ 13.00
Posted by Emma Obayuvana for Strong Women Training Club
Welcome to the first-ever LIVE workout from Strong Women Training Club! Every Wednesday, you’ll be able to join our trainers for a real-time strength class or watch back at your leisure at any time. Don’t worry, you’ll still be able to do our mobility and bodyweight classes on Saturdays as usual!
For this class, you will need:
- a pair of dumbbells (substitute for water bottles if you don’t own weights)
- a mat
- a glass or bottle of water
Strength circuit (three rounds)
Today’s circuit includes:
- Dumbbell glute bridge pullover
- Kneeling woodchop
- Dumbbell reverse lunge
- Sumo squat
- Push up
Get ready for a finisher of jump lunges and tricep dips!
PERFECT FORM: GOBLET SQUAT TO LEG RAISE
Before you get into the strength circuit, we have our perfect form. Today’s is a balance special. It requires being able to hold a dumbbell while squatting and then transferring your body weight – plus that of the dumbbell – onto one leg. You’ll get a great adductor (inner thigh) stretch, as well as glute and core activation.
How to do a goblet squat into leg raise
- Holding your weight in both hands at chest height, stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Bend the knees and sit back as if going to sit in a chair (that’s your squat).
- Once your thighs are parallel to the floor, come back up to standing and as you do so, start to transfer your weight into your right leg.
- Lock in the core and gently lift your leg left out to the side so that you’re standing on the right.
- Slowly return the left leg to the floor and immediately squat down.
- Repeat on the other side.