After that dramatic final episode, the Stylist team reveal everything they still want to know. (Warning: there will be spoilers).
Well it’s all over. Last night’s finale of Bodyguard, watched by a staggering 11 million people,
But despite discovering who planted the bomb, who the villains are, and that poor old Tahir Mahmood was a pawn in a parliamentary plan to upstage the Home Secretary rather than a potential bomber, we still have plenty of questions for the show’s creator Jed Mercurio. So here, with many spoilers, are the questions the Stylist team have. Don’t make us wait too long…
1. Did David (Richard Madden) have real feelings for Julia (Keeley Hawes) then? It seems that perhaps he really felt something for the Home Secretary and she wasn’t just part of his game, but we don’t know how deep those feelings went.
2. How and why did Chanel (Stephanie Hyam) get involved in the criminal gang? What did Luke (Matt Stokoe) have over her that means she was prepared to put everything on the line for him? And as a sidenote: where did she get her silver suit from? It was great!
3. Why did Nadia (Anjli Mohindra) specifically go after Budd? Did she find his pity worse than other people’s disgust/anger? And how did everyone miss the clues about her, choosing instead to believe she was a victim: “You all saw me as a poor oppressed Muslim woman. I am an engineer. I am a jihadi.”
4. Did Vicky (Sophie Rundle) really have a mysterious boyfriend? There must be a reason why we never met him. Unless he ghosted her and she didn’t want to get into it?
5. What does Anne Sampson (Gina McKee) know? We thought the Met Police’s Counter Terrorism boss was the one that had the weird relationship with Luke, but actually, it was Lorraine Craddock (Pippa Haywood). We still don’t know why Sampson was so shifty when DCI Deepak Sharma (Ash Tandon) wanted to question Luke.
6. Julia: dead or alive? Do we finally have to accept that Keeley Hawes is never coming back to power and that our theories that she’s been hiding out somewhere were wrong? Or was it her in the upstairs window at Craddock’s house? And let’s remember Nadia and Luke were “charged in the conspiracy to murder Julia Montague”. Conspiracy being the key word…
Bodyguard is on BBC iPlayer.
Images: BBC One