Bake Off’s Mary Berry confirmed for brand-new cooking show

Posted by
Kayleigh Dray

It’s the end of an era; this year marks the very last time we will see our beloved Mary Berry on The Great British Bake Off.

However all is not lost, as it’s been confirmed that she’s jumping aboard the ship of a brand-new cooking show.

And, better still, it’ll be hitting our screens this Christmas 2016.

This time around, she’ll be taking a back-seat to another talented chef.

She’ll be joining as a special guest on James Martin’s Christmas With Friends – alongside the likes of British chef Brian Turner, East is East actor Jimi Mistry, and Coronation Street's Jennie McAlpine.

The two-part series will see Martin conjure up four delicious Christmas-inspired recipes, not to mention learn new tips and tricks from his guests.

More excitingly, however, is the fact that Berry and co will be delving into their festive childhood memories – and sharing experiences from their own Christmases past.

Mary Berry at the premiere of The BFG

Mary Berry at the premiere of The BFG

Anyone else willing to bet that the GBBO judge’s yuletide memories will be absolutely delightful to witness?

Speaking about the upcoming show, Martin said: “I’m delighted to be working with Food Network on this Christmas Show.

“Christmas is a time of year when food takes centre stage for many, so I’m looking forward to celebrating some classic seasonal dishes and revealing some new festive food ideas with an entertaining and eclectic mix of guests."

The 60-minute episodes will air on Monday 14 and 21 November at 9pm on the Food Network.

Meanwhile it’s been revealed that the BBC have already lined up their own replacement for Bake Off, which is set to air next summer.

Even better? It seems as if they’re set on reuniting the original GBBO gang for it, too.

That’s right; it’s been heavily hinted that Berry will be taking on a starring role in the new series, alongside GBBO hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins, who refused to “follow the dough” to Channel 4 when they bought out the rights from the BBC earlier this year.

Paul Hollywood, sadly, will not be joining his former co-stars; he has signed a three-year deal, said to be worth around £1 million, to move with Bake Off to its new home on the rival channel.