Forget the kids, Halloween is all about pet owners.
A terrier waddling along in a hotdog outfit is becoming as much a part of Hallow's Eve as dead celebrity fancy dress outfits, leftover pumpkin soup and shooing away trick-or-treaters.
This year brought the most eccentric and entertaining pet costumes to date, with thousands of dogs, cats - and even the odd hen and turtle - treated to a new outfit by their Insta-happy owners.
They're not all thrilled with their new looks though...
1. As if being a Chihuahua isn't difficult enough...
2. Trying to get away and hide - but not. Quite. Fast. Enough.
3. At least we're in this together.
4. Clucking hell.
5. It's only once a year. It's only once a year.
6. I thought my only job was to bark at the postman.
7. I'll get them back for this.
8. The superhero cape would've suited me better.
9. I'll never hear the end of this down the park.
10. I hate you.
11. “What can I say? My owner's into A Clockwork Orange.”
12. Do not touch the 'do.
13. I asked for Darth Vader.
14. This hat makes me no less of a guard dog.
15. Really? Are we not cute enough already?
16. There had better be a LOT of doggy snacks in our bowls tonight.
17. I will never forgive you for this.
18. I know I'm the king. I really don't need this.
19. Yes, I do mind.
20. This is not over.