Easter inspired cocktails? Yes, please. Five drink ideas that will help you enjoy the long weekend ahead.
We don’t need an excuse to have a drink but the first spring bank holiday weekend is definitely a reason to celebrate.
We have all started to eat Easter chocolate weeks ago and the weekend ahead is already full of long family lunches and indulgent dinners with friends, but what should we be sipping while the Sunday roast cooks?
The long Easter weekend is finally here and we are getting ready to celebrate it – here are Stylist.co.uk favourite Easter-inspired cocktails.
Dutch Spring Punch
- 50ml Ketel One vodka
- 25ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 raspberries
- 20ml Elderflower syrup
- Pour Ketel One.
- freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- raspberries and elderflower syrup into cocktail shaker.
- shake with ice cubes and strain into glass.
- Top with Champagne and garnish with tulip petal.
- 50ml Zacapa 23 rum
- 20ml Mr. Black coffee liqueur
- 20ml Sherry
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon drinking chocolate
- Pour all ingredients into cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice cubes and strain into glass.
- Serve in a chocolate rimmed glass with grated nutmeg.
Hot Crossed bourbon
- 50ml Bulleit whiskey
- 10ml PX sherry
- 20ml melted butter
- 20ml lemon
- 15ml sugar
- 1 pinch baking spice (nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon)
- 20ml egg white
- In a pan, melt small nob of butter with pinch of mixed spice.
- Add to cocktail shaker and combine with Bourbon and then all the other ingredients.
- Shake, strain and garnish with a cross of bitters.
- 20ml Apple infused Patron Añejo tequila
- 35ml Cherry Bark infused aperitif wine
- 2.5ml Caraway
- 15ml Apple Oleo Saccharum
- Seasonal flowers
- Take leftover apple from the kitchen. Peel and add the flesh to Patrón Tequila and infuse for 2 days.
- Put apple’s skin and sugar into a vacuum pack to remove all air and mix equal parts of this and mineral water to make a 1:1 syrup. Pass the liquid through a chinois and bottle.
- Add cherry to aperitif wine in a vacuum pack and remove all air. Infuse for 24h and pass through a coffee filter.
- Mix all the ingredients and serve in a chilled champagne glass.
- 15ml Patrón Añejo
- 15ml Islay Barley Pu’er
- 12ml Celery Citrus
- 2ml Mixed Acid 10ml Soda
- Micro Basil
- Mix all the ingredients except for the soda and basil.
- Pour in a glass with ice.
- Top up with soda.
- Garnish with micro basil.
Recipes and pictures courtesy of World Class Drinks / Cub / Eve Bar.