Want to become a Creme Egg recipe connoisseur? Learn how to make a Creme Egg Scotch egg, toastie and more, right here.
What is it about those fondant-filled, irresistibly sweet, chocolate-covered Creme Eggs that makes them such a good addition to other foods?
Sure, we love scoffing one (or two, or three) on its own, or adding them to an already yummy dessert to make it even better, but Creme Eggs also work pretty darn well when sandwiched in between two slices of bread or reimagined as a Scotch egg.
That’s right, Cadbury’s legendary eggs might be one of the most sugar-laden treats you’ll ever get your mitts on, but curiously, this seems to make them the perfect filling for a toastie. Who knew?
We’re not only interested in giving new meaning to some of our favourite savoury foods, though. In our quest to find the best Creme Egg recipes around, we’ve also tried out some old faithful desserts with a fondant-y twist to make a Creme Egg Rockie Road and a microwavable mug cake. Easy to make and super delicious, what’s not to love?
So if you fancy flexing your creative cooking skills, get yourself to the kitchen and bring our mouth-watering collection of Creme Egg recipes with you. To make it even easier, we’ve tried and tested every recipe (it’s a hard job but someone’s got to do it) and videoed each method to help you step by step. Because, why would you want to try your hand at just one Creme Egg recipe, when you could try out four? To really get your chocolatey fix, stock up on these little orbs of joy and give them all a go.
Scroll down to find out how to make a Creme Egg mug cake, toastie, rocky road biscuit and Scotch egg.
How to make a Creme Egg Scotch Egg
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 6 Creme Eggs
- 6 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa Powder
- 300g of chocolate muffin
- 300g of cream
- 300g of chocolate
- Mix butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder until creamy.
- Break up the chocolate muffins and mix with the cream.
- Surround the cream egg with the muffin mixture until covered.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cover the scotch eggs with melted chocolate and decorate shavings of chocolate.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens.
How to make a Creme Egg toastie
- 2 brioche slices
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 strawberries
- 2 Creme Eggs
- Slice a brioche loaf and take two slices.
- Thinly butter both slices on one side and then flip over.
- Slice both stawberries in preparation.
- Roughly chop Creme Egg.
- Load the chopped Creme Egg pieces onto the non-buttered side of one of the brioche slices and layer strawberries on top, before sandwiching the second brioche slice on top.
- Fry the sandwich on both sides for two to three minutes each.
- Serve on a plate with a dusting of icing sugar and a dollop of thick cream and a few more strawberries.
How to make a Creme Egg mug cake
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 3.5 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 2 mini Creme Eggs
- 1 Creme Egg
- Microwave two tablespoons of salted butter in a mug for 15 seconds.
- Add three and a half tablespoons of light brown sugar to the butter and mix it all together with a spoon.
- Add the plain flour and cocoa powder to the mixture and stir thoroughly until a smooth paste.
- Add the milk and stir again.
- Chop your two mini Creme Eggs and the one large Creme Egg in half and add to the mug, mixing them into the paste so they are covered.
- Top it off with half a Creme Egg and microwave for one minute 20 seconds.
How to make a Creme Egg rocky road biscuit
- 150g rich tea biscuits
- 50g raisins
- 40g glacé cherries
- 250g milk chocolate
- 4 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 15 mini Creme Eggs
- 1 packet of mini marshmellows
- Break up 150g of rich tea biscuits into a bowl.
- Add 50g of raisins.
- Chop the 40g of glacé cherries and add to the bowl, too.
- Break up 250g of milk chocolate and melt in a saucepan, adding four tablespoons of golden syrup as you do.
- Add the melted chocolate to the bowl and stir together.
- Add the mini marshmellows and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a tray.
- Cut the mini Creme Eggs into halves and push into the mixture, adding randomly throughout.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Once set, cut into squares and eat!