Angela Hartnett kicks off her menu for the perfect dinner party, with a quick and easy carpaccio...
"A carpaccio is great a dinner party dish because you don’t have to cook it! I’m all for keeping things easy – even when I’m at work in the kitchens I avoid overcomplicating. Slice your sea bream up in advance and make the dressing well ahead, adding the herbs at the end."
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 sea bream fillets, skinned and pin-boned
- 3 blood oranges
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Soy sauce (optional)
- 4 breakfast radishes, sliced
- ½ bunch watercress, leaves picked from the stems
- Small bunch of coriander, leaves picked from the stems
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the sea bream at an angle into thick slices. Peel 2 of the blood oranges and divide them into segments. Cut the third orange in half and squeeze out the juice.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons of blood orange juice with the olive oil to make vinaigrette and add a dash of soy sauce if desired.
3. Put a little of the blood orange mixture on a plate, add the bream and season. Then pour on the rest of the juice mixture and leave the fish for 3-4 minutes.
4. Garnish with the orange segments, radish slices, watercress, coriander and sesame seeds, then serve immediately.