Bacon Connoisseurs Week starts today - who knew?
To celebrate this frankly genius concept, we've got our hands on this bacon chocolate truffles recipe from Niamh Shields, of Eat Like a Girl fame. Dig in as two guilty pleasures become one with this delicious alchemy of ingredients, below...
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 6 heaped tbsp soft brown sugar
- 250 ml single cream
- 250g dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
- 25ml bourbon
- 100g cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Spread one heaped tbsp of sugar on each bacon, slice rubbing it in on each side with your fingers. Lay out flat and cook for 10 minutes, turn and lay flat and cook for 10 more minutes.
3. Take each slice out and lay on a buttered plate or greaseproof paper and allow to cool. Chop finely when cold.
4. Heat the cream until it just shivers, if you boil it it will change the taste and be too hot for the chocolate.
5. Add the chocolate off the heat and stir in to melt, and add the bourbon add bacon. Stir in and leave to chill in the fridge for 2 hours until solid.
6. Put the cocoa on a plate and scoop out your truffles with a teaspoon. Roll them in the cocoa and chill.