There's no such thing a knowing too much about Benedict Cumberbatch. So, as a bit of a treat, we've put together a list of facts about the Sherlock star you (probably) didn't know.
(Images: Rex Features)
1. He can do a mean impression of Alan Rickman.
2. Back in the day (2003) was on a programme called 40 Something, with House star Hugh Laurie.
3. He's been on Heartbeat, twice.
4. He says it would be great to play a "normal guy" in a "normal comedy".
5. He's really cute with Tom Hardy in a very old-school interview. Proof.
6. On meeting fellow celebrities he said: "I have the same butterflies and inability to be cool. I approach them as a fellow member of the human race as the next person in their audience does. I've been doing this for 10 odd years, and so to meet people who thrilled me with their work for my entire life in such a concentrated manner as has happened over the last few years has been mind-blowing."
7. Even when he's drunk, he's still a gent. Well, that's according to Ed Sheeran who spent a night drinking with him.
8. His shower scene from Star Trek: Into Darkness was cut at the last minute (don't worry, you can see it here).
9. He was nearly killed in South Africa when he was carjacked.
10. At school, he painted oil canvases in his downtime.
11. On relationships, he thinks a woman who is intelligent is sexy. "A woman who can make you feel smart with her conversation skills is also sexy. I believe the sense of humor is important."
12. Like David Bowie, Cumberbatch has a condition called heterochromia, a mutation which means there's a difference in coloration in his eyes. Specifically, the irises have a varying combination of blue, green, and gold.
13. He's appeared on Sesame Street.
14. He can do a fantastic impression of Chewbacca.
15. He thinks his name sounds like a fart in a bath.
16. His favorite director is Stanley Kubrick.*
.1) *he's said he could write 3,000 words on the matter
17. During the school nativity play, in which he played Joseph, he pushed Mary off the stage for hogging the limelight.
18. He served as the officiant of the marriage of his friends Seth Cummings and Rob Rinder.
19. He called Downton Abbey ‘sentimental’, ‘cliched’ and ‘f***ing atrocious’. Awkward considering Julian Fellowes is a family friend.
20. He lives in Hampstead, North London (no stalking, now).
21. But on the subject of stalking, a disgruntled/star-struck neighbour began tweeting all about the stars movements, much to the horror of the actor. He said: "I worked out after a while who it was who was doing it so, when it came to it, I didn’t actually call in the police, but I was prepared to do so."
22. He's engaged to be married to theatre director and actress Sophie Hunter. And if you don't believe us we have proof in the form of an announcement in The Times.
That sound you hear is a million women's hearts breaking, including ours.