The model is the queen of social media shutdowns, and nowhere is this more evident than on Twitter.
Chrissy Teigen wears many hats.
The supermodel (she’s one of the highest paid in the world, worth an estimated £10.5 million annually), cookbook author and television host is also mum to two kids with husband John Legend. But, as well as all that, she’s a veritable expert at the social media website known as Twitter dot com, taking the base levels of the platform – designed to share pithy one liners – and elevating it into true art.
No-one uses Twitter quite like Teigen. She has turned the website into her own crowdsourcing platform, calling for fans to help her find some over-ripe bananas to make banana bread. She has used it to shutdown anyone (and everyone) who attempts to body/mum and/or career shame her. She has manipulated it to keep her husband’s ego in check. But, most of all, she uses Twitter to remind us that, really, she’s just like us.
Here are some of Teigen’s best Twitter moments.
1. When she didn’t understand British politics and honestly, we can relate
2. When she shared her best advice for women who have found their soulmates.
3. When she reminded everyone the important role she played in modern popular culture.
4. When she asked the one question that we’ve all been thinking.
5. When she got real about giving birth. Again, and again, and again.
6. When she came home drunk, fell asleep on her living room floor, and woke up to the realisation that her house was an architectural marvel.
7. When she cracked the meaning of life.
8. When she wouldn’t let Piers Morgan get away with his usual nonsense.
9. When she gave the trolls a taste of their own medicine.
10. When she live-tweeted taking over a friend’s dating app.
11. When she got gushy about her husband.
12. When she figured out the secret to a strong marriage.
13. When she invited President Obama to her wedding.
14. When she truly schooled her trolls in logic.
15. When she got in trouble just for living her life.
16. When she had a problem with her husband’s sense of style.
17. When she joked about losing her daughter.
18. When she was shamed for conceiving through IVF.
19. When she treated everyone, even her trolls, with politeness.
20. When she responded to Donald Trump retweeting one of her trolls.
21. And finally this, when she used Twitter to crowdsource for bananas and completely changed the way we use the social media platform forever.