Thinking of entering Stylist’s Under Her Eye competition? Please see the full terms and conditions below.
1. Stylist’s Under Her Eye competition will open on stylist.co.uk at 11am GMT on 7 August 2018 and will close at 23:59 on 31 August 2018.
2. All entrants must send a 450-word review of their favourite film PLUS a 300-600 word outline detailing why the writing role as part of the Under Her Eye panel is so important to them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entire entry must be made within the timeframe stated above. Please note entries 100 words above or below the stated word limited will not be considered. A single entrant may enter the competition a single time. Any entries submitted over a single time from a single entrant will not be counted as valid.
3. Entrants must be aged 18 or over and proof of ID may be necessary.
4. 20 applications will be shortlisted and announced on the Stylist website once the competition has ended at 23:59 on the 31 August 2018.
5. From Monday 3 September 2018, members of the public will be able to vote – via Stylist’s website – for which of the shortlisted nominees they think should win. Polls will be closed at 23.59 on the 28 September 2018.
6. The 10 entries with the most votes will be notified via email and invited to a judging day in London on 12 October 2018, where they will meet with representatives from the BFI and a Stylist panel who will chose a winner based on their respective entry and expertise.
7. There will be 3 winners and each winner will receive a prize comprised of:
(a) a mentorship day at Stylist’s office in London incorporating a series of talks and sessions;
(b) a freelance arrangement with Stylist consisting of one 650-750 film review per month at £150 or one 1,000 word article per month at £200 (the terms of which shall be governed by Stylist’s contributor agreement to be agreed between Shortlist and the winner); and
(c) a Membership Plus card for Picturehouse Cinemas (details of which can be found on Picturehouse’s Website here).
8. The final three winners will be notified via email by latest 23:59 12 October 2018 with details of how to claim the prize. Once point of contact with the winner has been made, the planning of the mentorship day and freelance arrangement shall commence. Should one of the winners not reply to their notification email by 23.59 on 13 October 2018, or consequently be unable to avail of the prize, one of the leading runners-up will be notified and considered a new winner.
9. The seven runners up will be notified via email by latest 23.59 15 October 2018. The runners up will not receive a prize, which are reserved solely for the 3 winners.
10. Once the winners have been identified, the winner’s author bio and photo (each to be mutually approved between Shortlist and the winner, after which the winner agrees to waive their privacy in respect of such bio and photo) will be published on stylist.co.uk and in the Stylist magazine.
11. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is via email to email@example.com only.
No purchase necessary to enter the competition.
This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom only. Employees of Shortlist Media and the partner companies Picturehouse Central, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in any way involved in the development, production, or distribution of this competition, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee and/or authors, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative will be offered.
Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant us these rights, please do not submit materials to us.
The prize is provided by Stylist.co.uk and Picturehouse Central.
Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then Shortlist Media Ltd will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
Shortlist Media Ltd and any associated promoters, bear no responsibility for any entry which is incorrectly submitted, lost, damaged, incomplete or received after the closing date.
We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked with the name of the competition to Shortlist Media Ltd, 26-34 Emerald Street, London WC1N 3QA, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
We reserve the right to disqualify or not award a prize to an entrant who in our opinion has not entered in to the spirit of these terms and conditions or the intention of the competition.
The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The promoter of any of our competitions reserves the right to exchange all of part of the prize to that of equal or greater value.
Photography: Mark Harrison